**Please note that from 1st Sep 2017 the charge for dulpicate rabies certificates will be £20 (ex. VAT)**
Biobest are the main provider of rabies testing in the UK. Our laboratory has been providing this service since the launch of the original Pet Travel Scheme in 1999. We accept samples from customers worldwide and have developed our service to ensure that all customers are provided with an outstanding service at a highly competitive price. We are the only rabies testing laboratory in the UK that operates to a number of internationally recognised quality standards. The quality of our service is second to none. Biobest routinely participate in the proficiency testing scheme for rabies testing which is organised by the world reference laboratory and have always achieved excellent results compared to other laboratories.
We offer the internationally recognised FAVN rabies test (sometimes referred to as a RNATT test) which is accepted for pet travel throughout the world.
Our rabies serology service is highly competitive and unlike other laboratories we do not have any hidden costs. Our all-inclusive headline price includes:
- A standard turnaround time of 5-7 working days from sample receipt.
- A testing certificate which is reviewed and signed by one of our veterinary surgeons.
- Results reported as ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ along with an antibody titre in iu/ml.
- Pre-treatment and re-testing of any samples which are toxic on the original test. Our years of experience in veterinary virology allows us to test samples which other laboratories may reject (e.g. haemolysed or lipaemic samples). Using our standard operating procedures we are confident that we will be able to obtain results for >99% of samples we receive.
- Our administrative team are happy to provide help and support for clients sending samples. This can include advice on taking and shipping samples, receiving results, completing paperwork, dealing with courier problems etc.
- Our experienced vet team are happy to discuss any test results and provide advice in the case of animals which have failed to achieve the necessary protective level of immunity.
- E-mailed certificate with copy by post.
Further details can be found on our individual rabies pages.